Tuesday 24 March 2015

Catch-up #1

For a good start to my first week back on the blog, I'm two days late for this post! Sorry about that, and sadly it's probably not the first time you'll hear it. I have terrible timing.
To be fair, Sunday I was actually quite busy, my first day off for 5 days. I know that's not unusual for most people to have a Sunday off but my work schedule is pretty stupid most of the time. But I'll tell you a little more about that in a minute.

Lets start on Monday, which was also my first day off for a while and so I spent it being amazingly productive (really!), washing all the dishes, vacuuming, tiding and folding clothes, I even wiped my virus-filled computer and re-installed Windows on it. I was pretty pleased with myself! I had an enjoyable evening after that just doing little bits in my This is Not a Book, which I'll give you more of an insight into tomorrow x3
Tuesday I was back at work with that Monday feeling, so I wasn't really in the mood for photos.
Wednesday was a much anticipated day as McDonalds brought back the Creme Egg McFlurry and their Monopoly. I know it's sad but I get really excited about it, I love the Mcflurries without chocolate, even though they hurt my teeth :x I managed 3 on Wednesday to come back with a bang!
And Thursday was a beautiful sunny day, you can really feel Spring coming into the air and the plants can too. This pair are our garden's first full-size daffodils.
Friday was the day of the partial Solar Eclipse, but sadly I missed it. I'd forgotten to set my alarm, and managed to wake up about 9.30, half an hour too late. It did seem a little darker than it should be but maybe I was imagining it! Since we were awake though we decided to go out for breakfast at Frankie and Benny's. We've been for diner before but not breakfast, but it was really good, maybe some day I'll get up early enough for breakfast here again!
On Saturday I had a bit of a dud day as I was at work literally all day. I went in at 8am and didn't leave until 3.30am. Yeah, that was fun. Sunday though made up for it, because although I had only 5 hours sleep I was raring to go to the MCM Expo in Birmingham, I'd been looking forward to it all week! I met up with a friend and Face came along too and we had a great day mooching stalls soaking in the geekiness.
I even got a pair of Steampunk goggles and they've inspired me a lot, putting lots of ideas in my head!
Once we left the expo we headed out to Birmingham to eat at our favourite japanese restaurant, Mount Fuji. It's beautiful and we both over ate. I'm missing Japan so much but it gives us a little hint of it at least!
So that was my week! Has it been a busy week for you too?

2 comments:

  1. Oh My God so damn jealous of your goggles that I could kill you! I won't though cos you look awesome in them. But why do you tease with the food. .. It looks amazing and makes me super hungry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll look out for a pair for you next comic con! The guy who made these ones names loads of unique designs!
      And sorry for making you hungry, be thankful i didn't post the mount fuji pics or you really would be drooling!

      Delete