Wednesday 18 March 2015

Project Wednesday #1- La De Dah~!

I'm pretty big on wasting my time doodling. To me, doodling isn't just putting little sketches down on paper but to be doing almost anything which takes up a lot of time with relitively little to show for it; aka timesuck projects!
Recently I completed a year long project that I had been doing in tandem with my Sister, a La De Dah Smashbook type scrapbook.
Chunky!
This used to be lovely and sleek!
As you can see the cover is still plain, I don't know what it is but I really prefer it this way. If I don't have an idea I can't force it, as to me it just won't look right. I'd rather it still be a nice cardboardy colour! So far i don't have one smashbook that I've managed to decorate the cover on :x

Inside, the trend follows as the first page is also undecorated, that's a throwback from my old diaries where I seemed to think leaving the first page blank would trick people into thinking that I'd not done anything in the book at all, like they couldn't flick through the pages...

So my first actual page is about my sister and Mum, as it was a gift from my sister and she and Mum were going to do their own La De Dah books throughout the year too this seemed like a good place to start, just as following it with my own homelife seemed the logical next step. But that's pretty much where cronilogical order stops as after that I was filling in pages which I thought suited the theme I was looking to 'smash in' best.

This next page has some things my sister & Mum had sent me throughout the year, a few postcards, a couple of photos and the like :] I started to get more imaginative here with lifting pieces and frames, trying to put more effort into layering while still not hiding anything too important.

Next is my Christmas 2013 page, actually one of the first pages I did. As I got the book for xmas it only seemed right that I smash a page about it! I quite liked how this page turned out when I did it but after flicking past it for a year I'm a little worn with it!
So that's the beginning of my La De Dah smash/scrapbook! There are plenty more pages in this one, but we'll get round to those another day :] Let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment