Thursday 2 April 2015

This Time Last Year ~April 2014

Wow we're at April already, huh? I thought to kick each month off I'd go back a year to see what I was doing then :] Although i've been slacking recently, I love taking photos and when I think I'm going somewhere of interest, my camera goes with me. I used to carry my camera around daily but I don't really do that anymore since my phone is always on me, and so I can take a pic if I need to when I'm not expecting it.
So last April I was looking forward to spring as well, and on high alert for springtime blossom!
In our local town park I'm lucky enough that they have a small Japanese Cherry Garden, with many different types of trees. In spring all the bulbs come up too and make a nice show to walk through. Sometimes I catch it at just the right time of year to get some nice pics.
A few days later I went to Much Wenlock with my Dad, just for a mooch. They were having a poetry weekend with little displays here and there, I'm not really into poetry but I particularly liked the idea of people being able to come along and tie their own snippets of poetry to this blossom tree.
Wandering further into the town to their abbey, which we went in to have a look at, we found the idea was carried on in there as little bits of paper were stuck around in random places, this one was just on the ground, pinned in with a pencil so it wouldn't flutter away.
So although I didn't get many pictures last April I did find some interesting things, and I hope this year to be equally as bright and blossom filled!
What about you? What's your favourite part of Spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment