Friday 24 April 2015

Spreading Kindness



I don't really have a focus today, I just wanted to write a little about some of the stuff that happened to me the other day, and how it sparked a bit of a realisation :]
It started when I didn't have to go to work at 12- one of my coworkers kindly agreed to take on my early start so I could start later. I think my boss noticed that I appear to get a little stressed out after too many long shifts, particularly when the sun is shining and I'd blatantly rather be outside so she'd asked him to cover for me. Just a little thing, but it improved my day so much.
I started by getting out into the garden and putting some of the indoor plants out into the sun to enjoy the weather. Then I thought I'd go do some shopping for a few bits and pieces I'd decided I needed ;p
I started at the garden centre and found some little seedlings past their sell by date, so I got those cheap, another act of kindness, even if it was only by the shop Xp
I went on to get some food for my dragons, and while I was at the retail park I bought some compost, it was really cheap too at only a pound so I got three bags- I don't understand, I buy compost every year, so where does it go? I don't have a massive pile of dirt from last year that would explain it! Anyway...
I moved on to Wilkinsons as I wanted to get growbags still. Around where I live you can no longer park for free unless you park miles away, so I went to get a ticket, but found I only had a two pound coin and the machine doesn't give change. As I was wondering what to do a lady came to use the machine and kindly swapped my coin for two pounds so I didn't have to overspend X3 It's not much, but to a cheapskate like me..!
And Wilkos has a lot of things I want at the moment, I think I'm going to have to go back soon! In the meantime though, I just bought the growbags I was after. And you know what, as I was carrying them the 5 minutes back to the car, I got three offers to help me carry them, (I was obviously looking pretty weak in my attempts to carry two grow bags and maintain their integrity xp) from total strangers, how cool is that? I didn't accept their help which maybe I should've but I thanked them for offering.


When I got home I began unloading all the stuff from the car, and my next door neighbour came over and asked if he was alright to mow my lawn! While Dad's away I haven't mown it and since the weather's been good it's kind of gone nuts, so it really was in need. I was hoping to try and do it at the weekend even though the forecast wasn't very good, so this was an awesome help x3 I edged the lawn as he mowed it, trying to look like I was helping!
What was strange was all this kindness in just one day. I didn't know what to think! Maybe cause the weather was nice and was putting people in a good mood or I was just looking pretty pathetic, I'm not sure. But I really appreciated it, and I noticed that all my offers of help were from an older generation. I'm not sure what that says about my own, but it does make me feel like I should put more effort in, even if it's just at work when I see someone struggling with their bags or something.
Kindness is still alive and kicking it would seem, in a country that people are often complaining about getting worse, and town that many dismiss as being soulless. Maybe those complaining need to think about helping others a little more?

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you really needed a dose of good karma and it's good that you appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly helped my outlook be a little more positive! Sunny days really help my attitude xp

      Delete
    2. It certainly helped my outlook be a little more positive! Sunny days really help my attitude xp

      Delete