Friday 8 May 2015

Time away ~Little Welsh Holiday



So this last week I've been away (that's why I missed this weeks Project Wednesday- sorry about that!) with a couple of friends from work and their little lad. We went up near Pwllheli to a Haven resort called Hafen Y Mor, paid for mostly by sun holidays! I've never been on a Sun holiday before, but I really couldn't fault it, for only £80 Face and I stayed in this 6-sleeper apartment and we even got to be next door to our friends, so we hung out at each others places a lot.

The weather was pretty terrible for 3 out of the 4 days, but that can't be helped. Actually on our first day we spent most of it getting there, so we only got a little look around the site, which was huge, much bigger than I remember Haven sites being from when I used to go when I was little. We played on some 2p machines and looked at a show that was being put on, it wasn't really our thing though!

The next couple of days we did what we could while avoiding the weather. Tuesday was windy as, but only rained every hour or so and was mostly sunny inbetween, so we got a little time to look around, checking out Porthmadog, the beach and nearby Criccieth. We didn't make it up to the castle sadly as the wind would've blown us off the hill it's on top of! So we settled for some awesome fish and chips and then over the road to what became a bit of a theme of the holiday: the ice cream shop Cadwaladers, so good. This Cadwaladers had a conservatory area which was perfect to look out onto the blustery sea while staying nice and warm even while eating ice cream!

The next day topped even that though by raining constantly. We weren't sure what to do at first and hung out in the apartment for a while, but then we decided to go have a look in the complex, at a part we'd not been into before. It had a large arcade and we easily wasted a couple of hours in there. Face is so addicted to 2p machines! After we had worn ourselves out on flashy colours and losing money, Jenni, Ciaran & I went swimming while the lads went home to doss some more. The pool was huge and had some cool features like a slide, flumes, rapids and a wave pool!

On our last day the weather calmed right down so we put a little effort into getting out to see some things, first going to a local animal farm so Ciaran could see lots of cute animal (it didn't hurt that I got to see them too ;p) and then onto Pwllheli to see what was there. At first we missed the beach and had a wander around not finding much of interest but a Cadwaladers! After a little driving around though we found the seafront and spent some time playing in the sand, I got pretty good at building castles! Later on the other went for a rest in the apartment but I wanted to check out the beach at the haven park we were in, so I left them and went for a walk on the beach for an hour or so by myself, it was good to be by myself for a little while, I can't help myself, I'm just so antisocial sometimes!

Overall we had a good time, even if I'm not big on kids and stuff, Ciaran was mostly well behaved. I couldn't help but think it would've been even better had we gone a couple of weeks back when the weather was so much better, but it can't be helped! Overall was just nice to be away from work, back to it now I suppose xp



Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment