Monday 18 May 2015

Sunday a Little Different ~Brown Sugar Glazed Chicken

I know, I know, I'm skipping out on Catch-up Sunday again. I should be doing it this week as well as it was my last week looking after the house too, Tuesday my Dad returns I (hopefully) I won't have to do all the dishes anymore ;p Nah, I'm really looking forward to him being around again, although I have enjoyed my own freedom too.
Talking of which, that kinda brings me round to what I was going to write about today: make some dishes by cooking Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Glazed Chicken! I wanted to write another how to but I followed a recipe I found on a pinterest link and because I wanted to make a lot less than the recipe called for I guessed a lot of my measurements...so I can't really tell you exactly how I made it :x I'm pretty terrible for that really, if I haven't quite got what the recipe calls for or in this case the measurements weren't easily divisible, I just use the recipe as a base for making something similar XD That said, I think this one turned out pretty close to what the original author was going for ;p


I started with two chicken thighs, which I had to skin, per the recipe. I've never skinned chicken thighs before. As a general rule, I don't like touching meat so this was probably the most I've ever had to touch meat too, I'm a wuss like that. I'm also not particularly good with bone-in meat but I had these to use up so thats how this came about. Although people say that breast meat just doesn't have the flavour of meat on the bone, I can take that sacrifice next time :x I patted the meat with kitchen towel and rubbed in some herbs, garlic and a salt mix I had nearby for some flavour. It went in the slow cooker with some pineapple juice, soy sauce and even some fresh rosemary out the garden.


I left it in there for about 4 hours on high, although the recipe said to leave it longer, my amount was greatly reduced so I figured it wouldn't take as long to cook. I was right as when I checked it it was done, so I turned it to low and got some rice on the go. 15ish minutes later I was almost ready to plate up! I got the chicken out the slow cooker and put them on plates in the oven, which was set on very low, just to keep it warm.


I then thickened up the juices left in the slow cooker in a pan on the hob. I got it boiling then added a little cornflour mix, and let it bubble a little longer till it thickened up to almost a syrup x3 I'm a sucker for sweet savoury foods!


And so here's the finished meal! I think I did pretty well, and it tasted so good! That sauce over the top really made it and it was so good with the rice! I think the only thing that could've improved it was maybe a little green veg, maybe next time I'll cook a side of edamame beans too x3
If you want to give this a go too, the recipe I used is here. It's not a difficult recipe to follow and there is a certain appeal in throwing a bunch of stuff in a pot and walking away to come back later to dinner, isn't there?



Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Youtube

1 comment:

  1. This looks so good and sounds easy too. I should send you my creme brulee recipe, it was a hit with Dad when he was over and I reckon you'd like it too.

    ReplyDelete