Wednesday 20 May 2015

Project Wednesday ~Thai Smash Page

This week has been so busy! But the other day I managed to sit down with my Thai smashbook and get on with a couple of pages. I've actually done a bunch of pages after the other week when I said I would do this as my next concentrated project, but I don't want to start getting into detail on these pages when I'm still going page-by-page on my LaDeDah journal :] But I remembered I said I'd show you my progress on this book and I haven't really done that so far, so that's what I thought I'd do today.
So, the first picture there is showing what I've started with- a table full of washi tape, adhesives and other odds and ends! I always find it best to scatter these things around myself before I work as I don't like getting up to get extras when I'm trying to concentrate. I've also got my phone nearby usually, just for a little music so I'm not working in silence. I was in the mood for the Steven Universe soundtrack! x] Youtube can be terribly distracting though so if I find I'm starting to watch it I'll just switch over to the music folder and play that on low instead.

So, first thing to do with all that gathered staff is to try and figure out what looks good! I shuffled the photos around, placing them and replacing them and as you can see after a couple of shuffles I added in some extras to see what they were bringing to the page and its layout. By the third photo I basically knew where it was going and although I liked a couple of the other arrangements too, similar ones were on pages beforehand and I don't like the repetitiveness so soon. But that's okay! Just pushes me to attempt to be more creative ;p

Once everything is placed about where I want it I take a photo on my phone, this is because I very often layer stuff over other things and as I'm gluing things down it all gets misplaced and my memory isn't good enough to remember where I wanted it all to begin with...so this is an easy solution anyway ;p So my phone is off to the side as I start to put double sided sticky tape on the backs of everything, starting with things that are 'lowest' on the page. I prefer double sided tape as it is solid once it goes on- but it isn't very forgiving if you accidentally place a corner on the page while sorting out it's place!

There was a bit of a last minute change here as I refound a stirrer from a drink in one of the photos, and it was obviously more important to be placed on the page than the little sentiment I'd found to be there! So the sentiment got placed further down the page, as I still felt it was pretty appropriate xp Once everything was glued into place I added a few things on to try and bring the page to life a little- touchings of washi tape and a clip xp I do like decorating the pages with these things but I don't want them to take over the point of the page.

So this is the finished article- took about 45 minutes total (mostly cause I'm slow) and I think it's not turned out too badly x3 Do you use a smashbook? Are you methodical like me or do you not mind 'smashing it in' as the tagline suggests?



Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Youtube

3 comments:

  1. I'm not usually at all methodical but a single layout can sometimes take me a whole evening so maybe I should try it your way! These pages look great to btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm terrible, I just can't seem to get the 'smash it in' mentality, even though I really like their designs. I guess this is just my smashbook 'style' x.x And thanks! I'm about 3 pages off done now I reckon so video in the now too distant future I'm thinking!

      Delete
  2. I'm not usually at all methodical but a single layout can sometimes take me a whole evening so maybe I should try it your way! These pages look great to btw.

    ReplyDelete