Sunday 3 May 2015

Sunday A Little Different- Hassleback Potatoes

So usually on Sundays I do a catch up but I thought today I would do something a little different as as I was looking back through this weeks photos I realised I'd pretty much already posted them all here, whoops! I guess the weather hasn't been too great this week to encourage me to get out, except for the first two days where I didn't do much but gardening.
So today I thought I'd show you how I made Hassleback potaotes for dinner one night. They were on my list of things I wanted to make and I finally found time! It was really easy too and super tasty, if you love cheesey potatoes like me I'm sure you'll love these as much as I did!
So, you'll need:
  • A couple of jacket potatoes
  • Butter
  • Parmesan
  • Cheddar Cheese (grated)
  • Chives (optional)
  • Sour Cream (optional, but totally worth it!)
  • An Oven preheated to Gas Mark 6 (200C, 400F)

First you need to get the potoates, and cut slits in them but don't cut all the way through. Then cut up your butter and parmesan into thin little slices and alternately wedge them into the slits you made. It helps if the butter has only just come out the fridge when you cut it up, and put it into the potato as soon as possible so it doesn't squash. Now they are ready to go in the oven a while. I'd advise putting the potaotes on baking paper on an oven tray cause they make a bit of a mess as they cook! Some people say to put a dash of oil over the top of them before they go in but I have found this unnecessary, it's up to you though!
From here I'd give them 45 minutes to an hour. I checked mine at 45 minutes but they weren't quite done, so I left them to the hour. It all depends on the size of your potatoes I suppose! I had plenty to do in the mean time so I didn't mind the wait :] I grated the cheddar for the next step and went and got some chives out the garden.

Once the hour is up, don't eat them yet! You want to get them nice and cheesy right? So Get a nice little pile of cheddar and place some on top of each potato, I mixed some chives in too for a little extra flavour, I bet it would also be really good with some onion mixed in at this point! Once you've got a good amount of cheese on the top, they can go back in the oven for another 15 minutes.
Once that buzzer goes off, they're done! You can eat them straight away, but they are so good with a little extra sour cream on top! May as well add to the unhealthy XD
I served them on the baking paper they were cooked on, it kept the melted butter and crispy parmesan around the potato to enjoy with it!
Let me know if you give this a go, I'd love to see your outcomes too! Good luck x3


Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Youtube

1 comment:

  1. They look may like the pinterest version! You should definitely pin them anyway. They look amazing and I think I'll just have to give them another go. My last attempt wasn't very good but I was lazy and also didn't have all the trimmings so I'm def going to go all out this time XD

    ReplyDelete