Friday 22 May 2015

New Zealand Gifts

So, on Tuesday my Dad returned from his long family-visiting holiday. I was up so early to go pick him up from the airport, which made us both pretty tired for the rest of the day, myself from 3 hours sleep and him from the same, plus a loooong plane journey! We still found ourselves awake enough to chat and find out things that had been going on in each others lives that hadn't made it over email x3
I showed him round the house and gardens when we got home, and he sorted his gathered mail while I went on the PC a while. In the afternoon he sorted his suitcase and found out loads of things he'd brought back for both me and Face x3

This is my share! -A mix of both 'christmas' presents from my Sister, Jen and my Mum and souvenirs from all of them. Thats a lot of cute stuff, shall we look in more detail? x3

From my Mum and Sister were these things- all wrapped in sweet Christmas paper! I really did feel like it was Christmas all over again as I unwrapped them x3 It was super weird though as as my birthday is next to Christmas, I never get to open presents this time of year, what a treat!
I got some super thick socks with kiwis and sheep on them- you don't get a lot more New Zealand than that! I think I'm gonna have to save these for winter they are so cozy, that'll give me something to look forward to wearing x3 Next to those is an NZ calendar, not sure where this is going yet, but probably next to my desk to give me super wanderlust when I look at the beautiful scenery. Just thinking about it makes me feel like I should get my passport problems sorted right now! On top of the calendar is a cute NZ/UK flag pin, I also got another pin, an ANZAC day poppy which I'd already taken away to put onto my work uniform. I'm not sure I could get away with the flag pin else I would wear that on my lapel too!

I was given these two bracelets as I'm pretty well known to my family to be a string bracelet fanatic, I'd say I don't know why they appeal so much to me, but just look how awesome this pair are! They speak for themselves X3 I actually had to take the green bracelet off to take the first couple of pics!
I was also given this keyring which has each of the NZ notes on, when I spoke to my sister on the phone she says these are for taking apart and putting into one of my craft books, so I'm sure you'll see these again in a layout somewhere xp
You can also see some animal cards collected from a supermarket that'll be used for crafting and a parisian themed sticker pack. At the top are two sticker strips- some maori whare and some 'I <3 NZ' (I do!). I'll have plenty to smash once I am done with my Thai smashbook! I also have a 'Grow you own Pink Poodle' to play with x3

This half of the haul was the souvenir half from all the family and a couple just from Dad. I have three shirts with different designs, all good to show off my heritage! I particularly like the brown one, I've not had a brown shirt before and this one looks super comfortable.
At the top is actually a present to us all, a super whisk! I can't wait to give this thing a try when I either get some skimmed milk or want to try a really fluffy omelette. I may make a mess when Dad is out tomorrow ;p
Below those are a couple of magnets, both souvenirs in their own way of things my Sister and Dad did together- the treetop walk and a visit to Weta studios, of course the famous studio that made the Lord of the Rings and Hobbit films! I would've loved to go to check out the studios too, even as more of a fan of the books. Apparently Weta studios was pretty pricy, but I'm sure it was worth it just for the experience (and to send me a memento!).
The large NZ flag is a sticker that I think will go on my car. When I am a little more sure that it won't come off easily should I put it on, even my car will show my New Zealand pride!
Now, the diary milk chocolate is one of my major favourite sweets. In the UK I generally avoid dairy milk, I just don't like the flavour compared to other chocolate if I'm going to bother at all, but this is the exception- Black Forest has little red jellies and mini chocolate biscuit bits in that just come together to be awesome! I ate so much of this stuff when I lived over there it's a wonder I never got ill off it :x

Dad bought me these coke themed lip balms as a last minute present on the plane home, as he was given a voucher for being inconvenienced on the flight. They all smell so good and at the moment I've only tried the coke one, but it both smells spot on for coke and actually seems to work really well as balm, something these collaboration things rarely seem to manage!
The necklace was shown to me along with a couple of others via a snapchat sent by Jen while they were travelling, and I liked this one best x3 I really like really chunky, round koru for some reason. The fan was a gift from Singapore from Dad, to go on my wall of fans from other countries that is behind my computer desk x3
And I think that's a snippet of everything! Yeah, I am so spoilt x3 I love everything and I can't wait to start using it all! And I hope you enjoyed looking through my haul as much as I did receiving it, and a massive thank you to my family for thinking of me when I wasn't there with them (like I would've loved to have been ;0;)
Catch you soon,



Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment