Sunday 31 May 2015

Sunday Catch Up

I thought this week I had actually do a weekly catch-up, since that is supposed to be what Sundays are for around here XD I keep finding excuses to skive off and write about something else, when I've got every other day of the week for that ;p

Thai Smashbook
So, last Monday I had some time to myself and set about with my Thai smashbook, I keep saying I'm really close to finishing, and I am! But the problem is I'm a massive procrastinator and keep putting it off to do other things. This works with pretty much all my crafts...applications...life. Ahem yeah. I'm pretty good at it! Anyway, I completed the page before this one then got onto this page, which I didn't get time to complete before I went to work. Tuesday was supposed to be a normal shift but I ended up doing a night shift too when a porter rang in sick, I intended to get loads of things done in the extra time I was going to be awake (during my breaks anyway ;p) and actually managed to do a couple too. Not bad for a 16 hour shift. I'll get to write a little more about that later though, as I want to make more of a post about it.
So Wednesday I ended up sleeping a lot, and when I did wake up I went out with Dad plant hunting XD There were a few spots in the front garden that needed a filling. I've not really been in the garden much since Dad came back, part of me feels like I've turned the garden over to him now but a major part of it is that I just haven't had the want as the weather is not very nice recently. I know it's 'wrong' but I really am a fair weather gardener :x

When I got to work I was pretty tired from the night before, but I got help to set up and then got to spend an hour or so watching an advert being made for our hotel! Our staff were the actors which is kind of strange, but not too unexpected when I think about it (cheaper to use staff XD) and everyone got overly embarrassed but seemed to be proud of their work once it was all over. I can't wait to watch the ad on our website when it's released! I got out of doing being in front of the camera because my I don't suit the company standards, even though they apparently value individuality as one of their core principles. If it didn't get me out of something I didn't want to do I'd probably be more annoyed about it XD

Negative Film strip
Thursday was my long awaited day off- after 8 days on I was more than ready for a day to do what I wanted x3 I'd had a ton of invites from friends of stuff to do and I ended up going over to Wolverhampton to visit a friend who works in a college over there. She also takes a photography course and runs a blog about her start up business, Lachaise Photography. She'd arranged for us to go check out the college darkroom and develop a film! We went for a wander up town first, looking for one thing but coming away with another as ever ;p
When we went up to the college I learnt about the different chemicals and the general process it requires to develop a film into black and white manually. Although I could imagine it would be a pain if this was the only way to develop a film, as someone who is so used to the digital age there is definitely something super cool about 'making pictures' x3 We didn't get time to print any onto paper, but we did check out the results of what we'd done with the help of some bright lights and a free negative reversal app xD It kind of made my appreciate the effort that goes into film developing and why it's so pricey in an age where it's not really needed anymore, even if it is mostly done by machine anyway.

Working in the kitchen
Friday it was back to work, so after a couple of hours at home where I still felt like I was catching up on the sleep I missed out on on Tuesday, I went in to a fairly quiet shift. Face was busy all day though, making a wedding cake for his Mum's Wedding blessing the day after. I took a few progress pictures in case his Mum wanted them, as that's the kind of over infomation share I enjoy about big events XD He's never made a big iced cake before, so this brought a whole bunch of all new challenges, but he had big ideas and was determined to carry them off, and I think he really managed to pull it off...

Beautiful, unusual cakeAll dressed up
So Saturday was Face's Mum and Step Dad's wedding blessing. They have been married 8 years now and with this and that going on in their lives, felt it was time! Face and I started early with last-minute preparations, even though the blessing wasn't until the late afternoon. After running here and there all morning we went round to his Mum's place and got all dressed up- trust me, it's not often you'll get me into a dress! Face's sister did my hair, and did an awesome job with it. The shame of not being very feminine-ly minded is that I don't get much chance to see my hair looking cool XD I really liked these curls!
Anyway, the blessing itself was beautiful, barely a dry eye in the house as the vows were being said, everyone feels for this lovely couple! Then we went on to spend the evening at the reception, eating, drinking and chatting to everyone. Although I'm not social I can enjoy the feeling of being around those who are and just absorb the atmosphere :]
Today has been less eventful as I just wasn't feeling it. I tried doing this and that but nothing was striking me so I ended up wasting my time before I went to work, which was crazy dead. So a little cleaning was in order and after a small productivity stint I felt better XD
So that was my week! How was yours? Did you wear your maybe-once-a-year dress? ;p
Catch you soon,



Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment