Tuesday 16 June 2015

Away Around Download

Sorry I didn't post yesterday, but I'm sure you'll understand- I was at Download festival all day! In fact that's where I've been since last Wednesday, sort of. It's been an awesome little getaway, as Download always is x3 I'll give you a rundown of the first couple of days before we got the main event:

On Wednesday we set off from home to get to our hotel. (Yeah, we're those kind of festival-goers...) we didn't get there til about 4 so after a little unpacking and doss we were off out again to nearby Loughborough. This is part of our Download tradition- because we don't spend the first couple of days in the campsite anymore, we still go on the Wednesday to enjoy ourselves and get hyped for it x3
So Wednesdays involve going to Loughborough to visit Moomba- an awesome Australian restaurant. We all ordered the 'backpacker's combo'- made up of a kangaroo skewer, wild boar sausage and a citrus and herb chicken skewer, then you could pick a side to go with it of your choice and get a mixed salad too. The others swapped out their salads for another side and the restaurant were fine with that. I got greedy and ordered an extra side of coleslaw too, I remembered it being really good last year :x So after all that I was dying- I had to sit back and relax for a while XD
That night when we got back to the hotel I dyed my hair again, still aiming for blonde but the ends won't let go of their ginger tint!

Robin Hood of course!
On Thursday we decided to break away from tradition to check out Nottingham. It's not that far away and we knew there'd be loads to do- should we find it! We found the high street and popped into a few shops, even finding a Blue Banana to get some hair dye for Face.

Nottingham's Old NameA bunker built into the cave
We then wandered around and found a cave entrance in a shopping centre! So we went for an explore down there, which was an interesting if not very festival-like way to spend an afternoon XD I never knew that Nottingham was based on sandstone that the residents carved out to make extra space in their houses or make cellars, among many other things, but I learnt a lot about it while we went round underneath the shopping centre!

Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem
We moved onto more expected things- the pub! We went to 'Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem', the oldest pub in England. It was really interesting as we went round the place and read all the little plaques about it's history, and wandered into all the rooms, many of them dug out of the sandstone cliff the pub was rested against. We got some food there and sat around for a while just soaking in the atmosphere before heading back towards the hotel as the others had booked to go Go-Karting, another tradition! I decided to miss out this year but as I went to collect some stuff from the hotel so I could sit and watch, I got a call saying that they weren't going to bother. It turned out there were far too many people there and the usual 4 hour karting sessions was going to be more like 40 minutes. It just wasn't worth it. So we went out as a group to try and find something else to waste away the evening with. After over an hours driving about we came to the conclusion that unless we wanted to go to the pub there just wasn't a lot to see without us already knowing about it x.X We tried good old Google for ideas and came up with the cinema, and as we all wanted to see Jurassic World that's what we did! It was a great film too, I really enjoyed the whole thing which is pretty unusual for me :]
When we got back to the hotel it was pretty late but Face needed to dye his hair so it would be ready for Download the next day, so we got onto that! We eventually were all done about 3am XD But his hair was luminous green so I guess it was a success!
The next day was the first day of Download, but I'll tell you a little more about that tomorrow...



Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment