Wednesday 3 June 2015

Project Wednesday ~Gardening Round Two

I thought for this Project Wednesday I'd let you see the progress in one of the longer term projects- the garden x3

Since Dad's been back quite a lot has changed, both front and back. I've given over the reins a lot as the weather hasn't been nice enough for me to get out (I like it HOT or at least not windy and likely to rain every 5 minutes...) and he has been keen to crack on. Where I'd left bare patches of dirt out the front, Dad has actually got around to putting some bedding plants in, so it should be pretty floral around here once summer actually arrives ;p

Out the back the greenhouse is looking a lot more empty but what lives in there is doing really well! These little tomatoes were ones I bought on special for about a pound for 4 and look at them now! On the other side the plants in the growbag aren't growing quite as fast as I would like, but patience...it's still early yet! I swear this little courgette hasn't been trying at all though...

I got super keen just before Dad got back and bought a polytunnel so I could try and get some vines growing strong before autumn, so there are three plants in there- a courgette, squash and cucumber. The cucumber was the only one I didn't start from seed and although it seemed to love its new home at first, just lately it hasn't seemed very happy. I'm not quite sure what its deal is. The problem with gardening is so many different things can affect plants x.X I'm keeping an eye on it anyway and hoping for the best.

The onions I planted only a month ago are getting on now, happily getting some greenery going and hopfully putting some effort into getting bigger bulbs! The brown onions I planted a few weeks before them are also doing well, I'm not sure if you can tell, but they are definately bigger than the white onions planted a few weeks later!

And last time I was telling you about the garden I was trying another project, something I'd seen in vague form on pinterest; stacking pots x3 Well, here is the finished item, and so far I think it is a pin success! I hope to see the little trailing plants get bigger over the summer and trail down, covering the faded pot a bit XD At least the snapdragons have got some flowers and height, I think it should turn out pretty well overall!
Are you tending a garden? Have you been having any problems with wilt this year? I'm hoping that maybe I just got a little over keen on the watering than something more serious :x I'll let you know anyway :]



Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Youtube

4 comments:

  1. Manure! For your vines XD cucumbers, pumpkins etc looooove poo. Ours always do best growing right in the compost heap so make sure you give them heaps of food!
    I love your tiered pot. I thought the top one had a mini flowering rosemary to start with until I realised it was the vine in the background haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also apparently not too much water. They don't like wet roots. A bit of a dry spell can do them good as it makes them panic abit and get on with fruiting XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah that's interesting to know, although I'm almost 100% now that the cucumber is too far gone now to bring back any way. Not really sure what happened to it. The others I'm not sure are big enough yet for panic fruiting, but I'll keep it in mind! I could do with sourcing some proper manure but atm I'm just feeding them with tomato food :x

      Delete
  3. I don't think Tom food has the right chemical balance for them haha you need a Yates garden guide! Ask Dad to you some sheep poo when walking and then quick find a small plant to grow the house XD

    ReplyDelete