Sunday 28 June 2015

Tiki Tour ~Aberystwyth

Another week I'm not going to do a catch-up, but that's because I really didn't take many pictures this week or get up to much. Dad was away for the later part of the week and we had the house to ourselves. Face has got to enjoy it as he has the week off work, but it's just made me lazier, if that's possible! I've spent most my free time in bed, playing pokemon or just dossing with Face. But I still had to go to work every day, fail!
I thought I would focus on writing about Tuesday as that was the most interesting day this week and we got up to quite a bit! It was Dad's birthday and we'd decided as the weather was going to be good to go to the beach! I'd planned on driving, but something was niggling at the back of my mind...and when I checked, I'd run out of MOT. Oops! Dad had to drive all the way as unfortunately I'm not on his insurance but once he brought his mind around to it he was okay about it :3

Looking out over Aber
We arrived in Aberystwyth about 1.30 and parked in town. We first went for a wander up the promenade then moved onto the beach. The weather was beautiful and we had a good time skipping stones into the barely flowing sea. We sat around for a while absorbing the heat and then realised that the time on the parking was up so Dad nipped back to the car and moved it then came back for us two, just in time to stop us napping against a large rock XD

Dad winning on the slotties
It was starting to get really warm then so we moved into the arcade on the pier for some classic beach 2p slottie games! We'd collected some 2ps at home so we had to see how long our share would last. Dad managed to keep his going for quite some time, whereas me and Face lost ours pretty quickly. I had my eye on a fish keyring though that Face helped me win so we got something out of it XD

Really pretty station
Once we'd all lost our 2ps we were getting pretty hungry so although we considered proper fish and chips from a chippy that was particularly good last time we were here, we thought Face might get sunstroke if he spent any more time in the sun (he's terrible with heat) so we moved onto the local Wetherspoons, which is in a big victorian train station which is pretty cool x3 And guess what we all decided to get? ...Fish and Chips! Aha. Even though you would expect spoons fish and chips not to be able to match up to a seaside chippy, they really outdid themselves and it was all really tasty. And to think I nearly had pasta...at the beach! What was I thinking? ;p

Little tors to knock down
The heat of the day had died off just a little by the time we left and we popped by a Poundland for some sweets for pudding then went back to the beach and played rock throwing games by making targets from piles of rocks then having to knock them down. Simple things! We did that for a couple of hours in between dossing and eventually the weather cooled and we thought it was about time to get moving before Dad felt too tired to drive all the way back.

Just playing x3
We had a great day and I think Dad really enjoyed his birthday. I'm so glad I could finally drag Face out on one of our daytrips too, I really like it when we all go out x3 What's your favourite thing to do at the beach? Although we don't usually spend much time on the sand I think this time was a bit of an exception and we all had a good time because of it!



Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Youtube

2 comments:

  1. Wish I could of been there! It's freezing here and the thought of the beach is scary atm XD
    You didn't include a pic of the fish keyring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a beautiful day for the beach- at least when the weather turns over there you can get a lot more beach days! I did forget to take a pic of the fish while we were there, maybe I should put one on instagram...

      Delete