Wednesday 10 June 2015

Project Wednesday ~Thai Travel Smashbook

Travel Smashbook
Here it is guys, I finally finished my Thai Smashbook from my holiday to Phuket in 2013! Wow, this thing has been a while in the making, mostly due to my own procrastination (of course) but I'm so pleased it's all done with now! I thought I'd show you through a few pages in lieu of the video I'll make when I get back from Download.

The First Plane Out There
I actully tried to prep this book a bit before I left on the holiday as I was intending to fill it in day-by-day as per a pinterest pin I'd seen that made it sound all so simple. Yeah. I forgot I'm just not that great at being out the loop, particularly when I'm on holiday! I don't want to shut myself away and play with paper and stress about writing when I know my family are enjoying themselves exploring a new place! So saying, I did manage it for a few days- I stuck in the 'Beware of Airship Pirates' printable before I left then stuck in the relevant flight stuff in the airport and plane. Yep, I took this thing in my hand luggage!

Chalong Temple and Swimming
This was a page a little further in- we'd been getting our exploring on around some of the sights of Phuket. Here we visited Chalong temple- it was so beautiful, and had so many intricate details. We had a great time looking at everything there and getting way too warm from the heat of the Thai sun. We found a good way to cool off though- not far away was a beach so we went swimming! I couldn't believe the Thai sea was so warm, it had no chill at all yet was still so refreshing. And moped-ing back to the hotel in our wet clothes was actually fun too!
The right hand page of this set features lift up photos which have details and more photos stuck underneath, but I kept this page pretty simple :]

Phuket's Planet Rock Club
Face and I found a club that suited us to a tee while out exploring one night when the others were ready for bed (good old nocturnalism xp) and spent a few hours in there admiring the decor while watching a guy sing some rock and metal covers. It was a good way to spend an evening!
The page itself was really simple, but I actually really liked how it came out. I found the cards on the right in some stuff that my Dad was about to throw away and figured they'd come in useful somewhere, and this page was born x3

Daytrip to James Bond Island
One day we decided to go out on a day trip to something you couldn't get to by moped- James Bond Island. Sadly Face couldn't come as he'd managed to sustain some pretty serious sunburn and wasn't feeling up for anything much, so it was just my Dad, sister and little niece. Still a good group! We had a great day being taken on a long boat, in a canoe and finally to see the island where we went into the water and got some pictures taken by a friendly fellow tourist x3
I bought a postcard for this page and there's writing on the back with more details about the trip. I also have some more lifting photos to the right with even more photos and details. I didn't feel that all the actual pages in the smashbook suited the trip sometimes, like this one with a travel van, but I just sorta covered them mostly when I didn't feel they were fitting with the theme XD

Plane Back home
After two awesome weeks it was time to go back home. I collected some paper stuff on the way home in Abu Dhabi which is what I used to try and give this page a little more interest than repeating what I'd already written for the outward journey. As ever, I also ganked a menu from the plane :x
Well, that was a pretty quick rundown but I hope you enjoyed it, there will be more featuring soon so pop back to have a look x3



Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Youtube

1 comment: