Friday 5 June 2015

This Time Last Year

This time last year...well, after my trip to Tokyo, I was so hyped up, but luckily I had plenty to do back in the UK to come down gently XD

Red Arrows at Cosford Air Show
Not long after we got back was Cosford Air Show. It's super local to us and I do try to go every year, if I can ^^ It was just me and Dad and we did what we always do- pack way too much food and drink and find a good place to watch from a local country lane XD Cheapskates for the win! We sat around for nearly 4 or 5 hours with the car radio tuned into the airshow broadcast so we even knew exactly what was flying and what was coming next. There were loads of cool planes but of course the Red Arrows are always one of the highlights x3

View over Conway Castle
We got a few day trips in too in June and one day Dad had to go out to visit a mate in Bangor, but he only had to be an hour or so. As I'd managed to worm the day off work I went too. While he visited I went for a little explore up the beachfront and then we had the rest of the day to ourselves. We decided to move on from Bangor and went to Conway, looking around the walls and over the town. It's a really lovely place, especially with the castle overlooking everything.

Giant Jellyfish
We then went on to look at Llandudno, I'd not been there before but I can see why people like it as a major seaside town. I particularly liked the pier, where we wandered to the very end and watched the sea for a while. There were loads of small jellyfish in the sea for some reason, I don't know if there was some sort of migration going on (do jellyfish do that?) but it was cool to see and we even spotted this massive one bobbing about!

Sunset in the Wenlock woods
Another trip out took us to a more local destination for an evening, exploring an old quarry pool. It's really interesting as the water is truly blue, but for some reason I didn't get a good shot of it, just this one of us wandering through the woods on the way back at dusk. I thought it was pretty atmospheric so here it is x3

Bowling for Soup at Download Festival
Of course June is the month of Download, our festival of choice x3 2014 had beautiful weather too with only a couple of spots of rain and a great lineup, so as ever we had an awesome weekend seeing bands new and old. My particular favourites were Bowling for Soup and the Offspring <3 Can't beat old school early 2000's! I can't wait for Download next week already and just looking through the pics I took last year is getting me hyped to go again!
Have you got much planned for June? I've only got Download '15 at the moment, but I'm sure I'll find plenty to do! If you've got any suggestions, feel free to comment ^^



Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Youtube

4 comments:

  1. This makes me nostalgic. I have to wonder if the seas gull is waiting for a free meal? Might be waiting a while though if he's hoping the jelly fish will land XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll be at Download next year though, right? ;p
      & Maybe the seagull was hungry enough to wait for a jellyfish, I forgot to mention though that later on Dad & I got ice cream and a seagull swooped over me and knicked a bite! Cheeky git!

      Delete
    2. You'll be at Download next year though, right? ;p
      & Maybe the seagull was hungry enough to wait for a jellyfish, I forgot to mention though that later on Dad & I got ice cream and a seagull swooped over me and knicked a bite! Cheeky git!

      Delete
  2. I'm sure hoping I'll be at the next Download! It would have been hilarious to see that sea gull sharing your ice cream. Bet that gave you a fright!

    ReplyDelete