Wednesday 24 June 2015

Project Wednesday ~More La De Dah Smashbook

This Project Wednesday I didn't want to bring back the Thai Smashbook just yet, so I thought I would go through a few more pages in the La De Dah book, it's been about a month, ne?

Trip to Tokyo
This was one of the last pages I did as I was waiting for myself to be finished with my Japanese travel book so I could work out what scraps I had left over to put in here. When I saw that the travel journal wasn't going to be done before this I sorted some stuff out just to make this page x3 A lot of the stuff is from the Tokyo Skytree but I also managed to find bits and pieces from all over our trip.
I managed to use stuff I got from Japan for pockets and then put in some travel sheets from a couple of the smash pads from extra details. This page also has built in photo pockets so I put a postcard I sent to myself in one and train station stamps in the other, then decorated them with leftover stickers I had from the skytree and Tokyo tower.

Face's Birthday
Face's birthday followed and a few of the staff at work made him a card to give him when we all visited the pub in the late evening XD Earlier in the day just the two of us had been to play mini golf in the new pitch that had opened at the local town park, we were the only ones there so we played each hole twice XD
I got the card and golf scoresheet to put in the photo pockets, and used some lined index cards with bunting washi to write on and decorate the page a little more. I also took out my instax during the day and got a shot of him unwrapping his presents first thing, then later playing minigolf x3

Autumn AnticsGraze Page
This first page came about as an amalgamation of most of the things I got up to around September-November that weren't really enough to make there own page of, but I still wanted to record, so I've stuck in a business card from the tattoo shop I got got my forearms tattooed at, my ticket to go see Seether in Birmingham, and part of a chocolate box that one of my favourite customers gave to the staff when he left for another job.
The other side, which is split with a graze box lid as i liked the autumn theme to it is about all the Graze boxes I'd received up to that point. I really don't like what I did with this page, I tried to use an envelope that came with my first Graze box to hold all the little notes that come with every box, then got some small pictures I printed with my zink printer to show a few, but then I couldn't figure out a place for the pictures in a way I liked, without covering up the picture on the lid of the box page or the picture on the ladedah page that i really liked and wanted to keep. I ended up putting them to one side of the lid as you can see and using cleaned graze pot lids to make sure the page on the right wasn't completely blank under the envelope, and as they're see through it was an effort to preserve the page I liked underneath...yeah it didn't really work out ;d

This page was done for my longest term fandom- My Little Pony! I knew I was going to miss out on the 2014 convention and was pretty gutted, so I gathered together all the stuff from the 2013 con and stuck it all in with some writing about my collection and missing out ;p This page didn't really have many design elements to it, I pretty much did just 'smash it all in'! I did try and make little bits a bit bolder though with using washi tape to bring them out the page more.

This page was a year in the making as we did a night every month with another couple from work, going out and trying restaurants we'd not tried in the local area but heard a lot about. It kinda lost it's point towards the end of the year as we ended up getting takeaways a couple of times and staying in. Still, I managed to collect enough stuff from the various places we did visit to make this page X3 I got some business cards, which most places do, and even pikey'ed a napkin from Zizzi's just cause it had their name on it. Sometimes I wonder where the line is between smashing memories and just plain hoarding...

Telford ComicConBirmingham ComicCon
I'll leave you with this two page spread- about the ComicCons I attended first in Telford, then in Birmingham! I had a great time at both, there's just no beating a good con x3 I used stuff that I bought when I was there, like the Isabelle print, and also cut up the con magazine, because we went to see the Red Dwarf panel x3 On the other page I mostly stuck in business cards i collected from the stalls I either bought from or wanted to buy from and put in the receipt from the japanese restaurant we went to after to complete our evening x3 Well, I hope you enjoyed another more detailed look at this book, hope you liked these pages! If you found them inspiring let me know! X3



Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Youtube

3 comments:

  1. Ok firstly you put my books to shame! Your pages are so pretty. Secondly we have to go pony con next year. That was one of my fav weekends from 2013. Also I wanna go to an English comic con! I'm mostly just a hoarder atm. I keep collecting stuff but I'm not smashing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked what I saw of your books when you were over xp and 100% yes we must do ponycon next year! I had a great time too hanging out in that hotel and looking at all the pony things x3 I was a really good weekend! We will certainly be going to Brum comiccon in March so you will have to attend with us x3
      ...and i have exactly the same thing going on atm. i've got out my 'cutesy' smashbook 3 or 4 times but just loaded it with stuff I've hoarded into the pages and left it at that x.X

      Delete
    2. I liked what I saw of your books when you were over xp and 100% yes we must do ponycon next year! I had a great time too hanging out in that hotel and looking at all the pony things x3 I was a really good weekend! We will certainly be going to Brum comiccon in March so you will have to attend with us x3
      ...and i have exactly the same thing going on atm. i've got out my 'cutesy' smashbook 3 or 4 times but just loaded it with stuff I've hoarded into the pages and left it at that x.X

      Delete