Friday 24 July 2015

5 Places I Need to Go (that I've not been before)

5 Places I need to go

I love travelling. There's nothing like it for new experiences, photo opportunities and generally finding out that there's more to the world than your own front garden.
The longer I go on without a passport the more my wanderlust grows. I'm having hassle applying for a new passport and the longer I see no travel in my future the more my subconscious thinks of destinations abroad- to the point where the other day moving to Japan for a year seemed like a super-awesome idea until I remembered I can't speak Japanese and have no way to make money while I'm there x.X
But, when I do get a passport again, these places are definitely at the top of the list of places I need to see with my own eyes:
    HaLong Bay
  • Vietnam
  • I love Asian culture and this one has been high on my list for a few years now. Having been to Thailand, I imagine it to be fairly similar, but I know there would be plenty to see that I wouldn't have imagined, weirdly what first brought it to my attention as a destination I really wanted to see was a Top Gear Special! I particularly want to see the floating markets and the more rural areas, like smaller villages. Ha Long Bay is high on the 'to see' list too, preferably by canoe. I imagine that the best way to see Vietnam is by moped, as the weather is so hot and humid you would appreciate the breeze as you rode slowly through the country...*drifts into daydream*

    Iceland
  • Iceland
  • This one is actually relatively new to the list, and I'm not really sure what made me first notice it last year. But even though I may've been late to the Iceland fan-club, I'm no less enthusiastic for it! I really want to see all the volcanic areas it has to offer, and in turn, all the thermally heated pools! I just love the idea of being sat in beautifully tempuratured water while looking at the snow on the ground all around. I know Iceland has much more to offer though, and I'd enjoy the scenery most of all I think, so many chances to take some awesome vista photos. Talking of photos, another thing I'd like to experience are the Northern Lights, and the chance to get do my best at capturing them on film. I've never seen the aurora and I've heard it's a good place to go to at least try to catch it!

    Singapore
  • Singapore
  • Back to Asia, Singapore perhaps doesn't belong on this list as I actually have kind of been there, but I've never really seen any of it because it's only ever been for stop-offs! I think I need to at least spend a few days here next time I'm flying somewhere else though so I can actually experience it! I'd love most of all to swim at the pool at the Marina Bay Sands complex, made up of 3 massive buildings with a boat-like structure balanced on the top, it looks pretty amazing, though I'm not sure I could get Face to join in as he doesn't like swimming or heights XD There are plenty of other things to see though, like the Singapore Flyer, a massive tourist ferris wheel slightly larger than the London eye, or maybe if we fancy staying more grounded we could go see the waterfront 'Super Trees' in the evening x3

    Hawaii
  • Hawaii
  • Is somewhere I'd particularly like to go with Dad. We both dream of seeing the volcanoes and lava. I understand that they aren't going to let tourists too close to it but we would certainly have a go XD Hawaii is probably the only place in America that really draws me, and it's perhaps because it isn't really all too close to America :x The sandy beaches appeal too, I'm sure the sea is warm too, and eve if it's not, it's enough that there is a lot of sunshine to revel in. Like Ibiza, it's a small island on the map but we would find so much to do there if we rented a car and went for a tour about. I'd really like to learn more about Hawaii and it's history too.

    Dubai
  • Dubai
  • I'm a little cautious about Dubai as I'm not really sure about the decency laws there, as I've heard the Arab states are very hot on that kind of thing. And I would be very hot if I had to wear trousers or a long skirt everywhere while looking about a country about 30 degrees hotter than I'm used to! I think with a little more research though I would enjoy Dubai a lot though. It has the (currently) tallest building in the world, and as I've already mentioned, I'm rather a sucker for going up high! I would also love to check out some of the other famous buildings, as Dubai is known for it's architecture, so I would quite happily be able to tour about getting photos! Of course, being right next to the ocean is an advantage too, and seeing that man-made island shaped like a palm tree. That would be amazing to see with my own eyes!

What do you think? Do these places appeal to you, or do you have a different top five? Let me know!



Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Youtube


Disclaimer: Yes, I ganked all these images from Google Images. Trust me, if I had my own images to put here I totally would! However, if one of these is your photo and you don't want me using it, let me know and I'll take it straight down ^^;
Vietnam - Hawaii - Dubai - Iceland - Singapore

2 comments:

  1. Take me with you! I'm crying to go to Japan with a companion since most people seem to be scared of it. Hawaii sounds awesome too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too am dying to go back to Japan, I admit, I was totally afraid of our reception but when we got there, it couldn't have been better ;o;
      I /need/ to replace my passport!

      Delete