Friday 3 July 2015

This Time Last Year ~July 2014

Anyone else in the UK experiencing this mental weather? Wednesday was so hot the oven at work broke down because it overheated! How does that even work? And then Thursday everything was back to normal as it rained most the day...

Shropshire Abbey
This time last year was also looking pretty sweet in the weather department, though a little more consistent! I took quite a few day trips last July and my pictures show it as I didn't take my camera out for a lot else. This picture was taken overlooking a local abbey whose name has currently slipped my mind, it's one you should pay to go in but I was more interested in just getting some shots with the nice scenery in the background. It always makes me wonder what these buildings have seen over time.

The Wrekin
One of our favourite things to do when it's really warm and you've been home all day dossing on the lawn is to go out for a drive in the early evening to make it feel like you've done something that day XD Me and Dad did this fairly regularly last year and sometimes I'll even go by myself if everyone else is busy. Driving round the country lanes in Shropshire gives you some lovely views and helps me relax as I can go where ever I want under my own steam, and take pictures of the journey, of course!

Pretty Blue Dragonfly
On yet another tiki-tour we stopped by Atcham and saw loads of dragonflies fluttering around near the riverbank. Every time I would get the lens close enough for a really good shot they would flit off, unaware I really didn't want to get any closer as they were perched on nettles ;p I think this one turned out okay, I seem to remember I didnt have my telezoom on me so I must've managed to sneak pretty close!

Passion flowers
Being well into summer brings the garden right on too and I got these pictures a little later into the month as the plants were putting their efforts into the best blooms. These passion flowers even got fruit later in the year! Not bad for a young plant, but to be fair, it has taken over the whole left side front of the house. I guess the house must shelter the plant a lot as I didn't realise they could even produce fruit in our climate!
So July was pretty sweet, though I'd unknowingly begun a dry spell with my photography which lasted right on into 2015. I'll have to see what I can bring together for next month's round up!
How's your July been so far? Warm as mine I hope!



Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment