Sunday 12 July 2015

Sunday Catch-up ~Tiki Tours Galore

Another week gone already? It's been busy, but I'll let you know more about that another time :]
In the mean time, what did I get up to this week? Well, Monday I went to help our sister hotel set up their till banks for a new promo we have starting. No one there knows how to program the tills and so I get the privilege, but to be fair, I don't mind xD It's something I enjoy doing anyway and being the needed person is fun too x3

Pale looking Morris
Tuesday was a work day, so without much time to myself I just dossed around the house and played with the pets :] The gerbils are getting so much bolder now! They are mostly fine with the lid of their tank opening now, and even come out to get sunflower hearts x3 I'm so proud!

I don't know what this place is called near Llangollen
Wednesday was a busy day. Dad and I were supposed to going out to Derby for an arranged flight he got for Christmas, but the weather wasn't quite right so as I was up and I'd managed to get the day off we went out for a tiki tour anyway XD
Dad suggested Llangollen, his go to spot for days out, and I usually try to steer him into something else cause it feels like we always go there XD But I thought that I've not been there for a while now so away we went. We had a really good day too! We checked out all the usual spots and yeah the weather wasn't always at it's best but we had a good day exploring and seeing what we could find x3

Microlight
Dad managed to rearrange his flight for Friday, which luckily I already had off work. We set off pretty early and ate some breakfast sandwiches in the car on the way there x3 Dad's Christmas present was a 30 minute microlight flight and he seemed to really enjoy it! He saw some good countryside and got to try an experience he'd not done before.

Love the bunting here!
The flight gave him an idea of what to explore next and we headed to a local town he'd flown over...and the name slips my mind. It was a lovely little town though, but we weren't parked in a great spot so moved on to look at a place called Dovedale. It was very similar to some Shropshire beauty spots, but of course it's always fun to explore somewhere new x3

Beautiful Ilam
We moved onto a beautiful proper English village called Ilam then. This is the kind of place people imagine when you talk about England I think, just look at it! There was also a national trust manor house there which we checked out, as the gardens were free to get in X3 The sun was out in full strength by now though and it was really sapping our energy, so we headed back to the river that ran through the town and found a nice shady tree to sit under- where we promptly fell asleep for 20 minutes XD

A big tunnel!
On our way back towards home we spotted a random car park in the middle of nowhere, so out of curiosity we went to see what it was about and found this massive ex-train tunnel! We were not expecting that XD It was a good way to finish off our day of exploring though x3

Lucky Shot x3
Today was our local area's funday. It's always quite a small affair, but I love that they put the effort into putting it on, even though we haven't always got the best reputation as an estate :x It started out raining but luckily brightened up to give them a lovely day for a fete-like event x3 After me and Dad were done checking it out, we went cherry hunting around the estate. It always astounds me that people don't realise that cherries off a tree are the same things they buy in the shops, but I'm glad as this way I get to eat them all! (Okay I'll share with Dad & Face ;p) This year has a bumper crop going on too so I'm soon going to have more than I can manage I think XD
Have you had a good week? Get much exploring done? ;3



Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Youtube

1 comment:

  1. These photos all look like they should be postcards! I really like the one with the hula hooping kid too which is strange for me. You've really caught the atmosphere though.

    ReplyDelete