Friday 31 July 2015

This Time Last Year ~August

August. Well, I always write something about how the time has jumped up on me and I totally can't believe that it's come around so fast, but it's true. I swear as I get older the time goes faster x.x (more clichés...) Hey ho. This August is going to be a busy one for Face and I, I think, but i'll let you know more about that soon. Last August was also busy, but more with daytrips with Dad, which is always fun ^^

The SULA
Early on in the month we went to Gloucester as Dad had to go get his electric bike fixed there. While we waited for it to be repaired we explored the town a bit. I'd not been there before and although it wasn't a great weather day I had a really good time, there is a lot to see! I particularly liked this boat that was docked up on the river, I think inside it was a cafe? But we didn't go in, just admired it X3

SVR Footplate Experience
Another day we went to Bridgnorth because that's something we do fairly regularly when we're not sure where else to go tiki-tour XD This engine isn't seen very often in the station so I got a few shots of it. I quite like this one as I obviously had to lean pretty far out off the platform to get quite a forwards-on shot of it.

That's some stormy weather
On the way home from that trip we stopped at a local beauty spot where you can sit at a lake and watch some carp. As we sat there this massive storm cloud rolled over and I guess that reminds me that although the weather doesn't seem as nice this year as it was last year, last year had its chilly summer moments too.

Ludlow Viewpoint
Looks like August last year was all about daytrips cause this picture was taken out at Ludlow- another spot we enjoy travelling out to see. We don't come here as often though as it's a bit further out than a lot of our local haunts. Judging by the rainbow, the weather wasn't ideal this day either XD

Shrewsbury Cannons
And last is this one I quite like. Taken in Shrewsbury, I often try to get a good shot of these cannons that sit outside the castle gates, but it's one of those I take so often I feel the picture is never really up to much, it's always a bit dull. But i do quite like this angle on it, I guess I haven't taken this shot much and so with the old house in the background too it kinda has a bit of something different :]
So that was August 2014 for me, do you remember what you did?



Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :3
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Youtube

1 comment:

  1. Ah so much pretty English scenery. I have no idea what I did last Tuesday let alone last August XD

    ReplyDelete