Tuesday 7 July 2015

This Time Last Year ~July 2014 Part Two || The Libertines

I can't believe I missed this critical part of July 2014 in my TTLY post on Friday...you may not of picked it up yet but my favourite band ever is The Libertines...there's nothing these guys can do that I don't adore, and last July, I got to see them live at Hyde Park! But I didn't take my proper camera so the pictures I took were all on my phone, so sorry for these terrible quality shots ;x

Tickets to the gig of my life The show begins
I went with my Dad as Face dropped out for work commitments and I couldn't get anyone else to come with me! [Saaaad] Dad had never been to a festival before and I'm not sure this was the place or band to start him with, but he took it in stride ;p
The UK hadn't seen them since 2011, and the tension in the air was palatable. When the Libertines started the crowd went [understandably] nuts, myself included ^^; Two or three songs in the show had to be stopped as people were getting so excitable there were some crushing problems at the front, which lead to crushing problems at the back as the crowd was told to move backwards to make room, which ironically ran them into an anti-crush barrier. It put a sense of panic up which wasn't really ideal, which was only relieved by people jumping the barriers to get away. Over the next couple of songs people calmed down, just enough to enjoy the show again.

The Albion Sails on courseThe boys in the band
I had a bit of a fangirl moment, The Libs are the only band that can bring me to that sort of state, but the squees didn't stop me drinking in every minute and trying to catch a couple of really bad quality phone-videos to bring the experience closer later on XD I can't believe I got to see my favourite band again, and they reconnected at this show, going on to write a whole new album later on in the year.

The first single was released last Friday too and it set me off again, I was so afraid that new material may not have the same touch as the first two albums, but if this song is anything to go by, they still have it. I'm so happy I could cry! [It's just hayfever, I swear!] For the first time ever, I have preordered an album, now I just have to wait until September to hear it ;0;
I'll leave you with this .gif of the most wonderful frontmen in the world <3

I'm dying again omg




Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :)
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment