Friday 4 September 2015

This Time Last Year ~September 2014 Mallorca Holiday

Last year was a year of trips away, which was pretty good as my passport was so close to expiry and I still haven't got too far in replacing it :/ So I can look back on this holiday at least.

Porto Cristo Harbour
I went away with Face's family to Porto Cristo, Mallorca. I understood they were the kind of family who enjoyed sitting around the complex pool and just soaking up the sun, but we actually did quite a bit, something I'm much more used to! After all, if you don't come back off a holiday needing another holiday, you're doing something wrong! Okay, well it didn't quite come to that but I was happy with getting lots of photos of our corner of the island :]

Porto Cristo Town
We explored the town a few times, some of the streets were very much a Spanish holiday town, which of course I enjoyed getting shots of x3 This street led up to a small church, and also has a couple of really cute corner shops x3

Porto Cristo Boats
As you may expect from the name, Porto Cristo has a pretty large port, another great place for pics for me x3 Not living anywhere near the sea in the UK either, it's always really fun to wander ports and the like and it really boosts the feeling of holiday to hear the water lapping on the shore & boat sides.

Near Porto Cristo
A couple of days rather than using our legs we caught the 'mini tren', a small land train that tootled you around the town and to a bunch of nearby beaches. It was a great little mooch to see a little out of the town and get some views, like of this beautiful blue sea and the cliffs!

Porto Cristo Caves
Literally 5 minutes walk from our hotel was a large cave system, so of course we had to go check it out too! They were pretty extensive and it took us about an hour to wander around, even with guides pushing us along (I dawdled at the back getting photos...). At the end there was a massive cave with a lake and they put on a show with a few small lit up boats with orchestral-style music. It was really pretty.

Porto Cristo Market
On our last day we caught the market in the town, it was a good end to our holiday :]
I can't wait till I can get away again, although I think even a UK holiday would be fine for me right now! Have you been to Mallorca? Where did you stay? I would've loved to see the capital, but I'm happy with what we did get to see ^^



Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :3
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment