Saturday 12 September 2015

Scavenger Saturday ~Week 6

The Pocket Scavenger
Well, we all know how this works by now so shall we check out a few of this week's finds?

A Piece of Red String / Smudge Something over it
A Piece of Red String
I found this red string at the beach when Dad & I went earlier in the week. I guess technically it's not string, but it's so close, and it took me so long to find something red and string-like!
I 'smudged something over it' with watercolour paints. I was feeling a little rushed and this was all I could come up with :d

A Found Note / Add a Blob
A Found Note
Dad leaves me notes all the time and so when I had to find a note I thought not only was this an easy scavenge for an unlikely to find 'in the wild' task, but a good way of keeping the note x3
Dad found this shiny gold vinyl stuff while out on a bike ride and as it was his own scavenge I thought it was pretty appropriate when it came to the alteration x3

A Found Note / Add Something Shiny
A Found Note A Found Note
A few days after I'd completed the above page I went to the pub for one of our friends birthday. Our pub has tons of old books on shelves that no one ever looks at, but of course being a little drunk and with a bunch of people I didn't know, we started looking at the books, and in one I found this note! It was by the author to some friends he'd gifted the book to. Sadly, I can't remember the title, even after googling the author. Because it was so unusual I felt I had to put in a 50a page to include it!
I carried the theme on once I got the 'something shiny' alteration, cutting the something shiny into little blobs to put around the page XD

A Ticket / Combine with a Photo
A Ticket
This was the ticket for the Kast Off Kinks I went to see with Dad. This book seemed like an obvious place to put it :]
The alteration was to combine the scavenge with a photo, so I printed off one of the pics I took while I was there, even though I wasn't supposed to be taking pics :x

A Piece of Origami / Turn it into a Pattern. Repeat it.
A Piece of Origami
I used to like placing origami around work. I'm not sure why, I just like leaving things lying around I think! So I learnt to make these throwing stars- I have no idea how to make them anymore, but I found this one in a bag I used to use for work a fair bit.
With the alteration, it made sense to me to try and carry on the pattern using the shape of the origami. I didn't practice it before I started doodling on this page so I was pretty pleased to find out it did form a sort of pattern xD
Are you using a Keri Smith book at the moment? I'm enjoying this one & how it doesn't seem quite as in depth as the others :x



Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :3
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment