Wednesday 2 September 2015

Project Wednesday ~Future Map Projects

I love maps! The colours, details and most of all what they represent! I don't have many items at the moment with maps on actually, but I plan to decorate with them when I'm settled into the new house ^^; I'm hoping to make them myself, so I've been mooching around the internets for inspiration. Here's what I've come up with~

Framed Key with Map
Etsy via Pinterest
This one is super simple, although this example pic isn't so great XD I'm thinking what would be really cool would be a copy of the house key set in front of a map of the area, it could just be that simple or have something like 'our home' written on it. I think it would be really cute, but I am a little wary that it may make my housekey a little too accessible? Or am I just worrying too much? :x

Wooden Ram's Head Wooden Stag's Head
Amazon
This idea has been on my mind since I saw the wooden stag head in a shop last christmas :] I thought it was a really good idea, and since then I guess a lot of other people do too as they're all over the internet now, in many, many different patterns! However, although I like stags I've really had more of a thing for ram's skulls recently, particularly as tattoos so when I saw that you can get a ram's head version...well, lets just say it came together x3 I'd probably buy some map paper from Paperchase if not online and cover the pieces myself before assembling it.

Framed Map Hearts
Etsy
I think this would be a simple one to do as well, the hardest part would be deciding what the three hearts were to represent! This one is kind of based around marriage, but I think you could also do childhood homes and the current house, or maybe even holiday destinations. As it's kind of small I think it would be good by the entrance, just something small to decorate with :3

Map String Art
The Cupcake Architect
I've seen this one around pinterest so much it feels kinda old, but I've never actually seen one in someones home. I really like this one of the UK that I found on The Cupcake Architect's blog, and I think one of just my home county would also be pretty cool, although not sure even many people from Shropshire would recognise it by silhouette alone. I don't think people in the UK are quite as county-proud as those in the USA! The world map ones are good too, and I would maybe like to make one of those as a feature of a room, with photos taken in some of the stringed countries included too.

Personalised Double map
Not on the High Street
Another easy one, only complicated by having to find somewhere that'll print local maps cheaply XD I'm not sure where exactly I'd put a map set like this, but I don't think I'll be getting it from NotHS, where it's £89!
Ahhh, I'm so inspired! Are you big on maps or do you prefer different patterns? I'll be sure to let you know if any of my plans based on these come to fruition xD



Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :3
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Youtube

2 comments:

  1. For the 3 hearts why not dad's house your house and mums house? I Could bring you some maps from here. I get them free with the AA

    ReplyDelete