Sunday 13 September 2015

Sunday a Little Different ~Beach Day in Wales

I thought instead of going through my week I'd rather just write about the bit I found most interesting- a daytrip Dad & I took to go to the beach on Monday!

Porthmadog View
Our first stop was Porthmadog, a beach town Dad hasn't been to in quite a while so we had a little look around, mooched the harbour and even saw the steam train come into the station across the main road (weird!). This is the view inland off one of the towns bridges.

Criccieth View
We moved onto Criccieth and went to go look at the view from the castle, but you had to pay to go in and I was still dying of sleepiness so we just had a look over the walls there before looking further up the coast.

Pwllheli Beach
Our next stop was Pwllheli, where we stopped at the Asda and grabbed some lunchy snacks and then headed to the beach to watch the sea and eat, exactly what you're required to do when you go to the beach X3 I always used to dislike stone beaches when I was a kid as they weren't comfortable on the feet and you can't build much. Now I prefer them I think as I don't get sand everywhere and if there's a breeze you don't get whipped with sand! I also like building little piles of stones :x

Coastal Village
We went off then to a part of the coast we've not been before, I can't remember the name of it now, but we went down this tiny road that led to the beach and found this bay area. The little village across from us looked so sweet tucked in front of the hills with the sea to look at. We tried to drive over the hills behind it to see if we could visit, but got totally lost on some back track XD It was a good tiki tour though!

Reservoir
It had got quite late by this point so after stopping for some dinner back at Criccieth beachfront (the breeze had got a bit nippy by this point so we ate in the car!) we headed back home. We went back a different way to normal though, past these reservoirs. We stopped at this one to look over it as the sun set.

Herons over the Reservoir
We had a really good day exploring the coast, and the weather was stunning for the time of year x3
Where do you like to go to the beach?



Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :3
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment