Wednesday 19 August 2015

Project Wednesday ~Camera Collection Pt. 2

Camera Collection Part Two
For today's Project Wednesday, I thought I'd show you some more of a smaller, slower project I have going on- my camera collection x3
As I've said before, cameras have been a pretty prominent part of my life for about 15ish years now. Although I love my day to day camera, hence it being in the title banner up there, I also love all kinds of photography and old film cameras hold a particular interest x3 Here are 5 more from my collection:

 photo PW1907.png
This little Voigtlander camera I picked up at a camera fair I went to in Wolverhampton. It turned out I really didn't bring enough money to this event as there were so many little cameras waiting to be taken home and used by me x3 I ended up getting away with only two cameras...or maybe three :x This was my first buy, it's so heavy and feels sturdy because of it. I haven't tried running a film through it yet, though it's probably the next one I'll have a go with.

Minolta
This Minolta was bought for me by Face as it was selling cheap x3 It's quite an advanced camera probably from the 80s/90s. These sorts of cameras were clever and expensive for it in their time, but now sell for barely anything and yet they still take really nice, clear shots. Though I'm only judging on other cameras I have that are similar as I've also yet to run a film through this one too. Soon.

Olympus Pen
Now we're getting onto a couple of the more unusual cameras I have. This is the Olympus Pen and online it still has quite a fanclub! It's a 'half-frame' camera, so it takes two shots on what would usually only be one picture, creating diptychs. Diptychs are pretty effective with photos as you can use them to tell a story, show one thing in two lights or contrast the image with something else. I loved trying this, but with 72 shots per roll of standard film I certainly took some time using it. And I kept forgetting whether I was on shot one or two of the set :x Luckily the film I'd taken turned out pretty well.

Konstruktor
This is my Konstruktor, a camera that comes in kit form for you to build! I got this for christmas a couple of years ago and I've run a couple of films through it in that time. It didn't take too long to build and Face and I spent a good lazy afternoon putting it together. It takes pretty nice photos too, with a grainy feel to them which I really love. This camera even went to Japan with me, though I didn't take nearly as many shots with it as I should've :x

 photo PW1905.png
Lastly for now is one I'm sure you've seen if you've ever been near the crafting part of the internet- it's a Fujifilm Instax Mini 8. I got quite enamoured with it after seeing various shots around the net and couldn't resist getting one as a holiday camera before I went to Japan, which turned out to be a really good decision as they have some great prices on film over there! I used the camera all through the holiday to get journal snaps and still enjoy taking it on daytrips now. The photos can be a little hit-and-miss but generally faults are at the users end if there is any- it's so easy to forget to put it on the right light setting before you take the shot :x People tell me over time the shots can fade out but I've not had any issues with that yet, it's just a great little camera which is a lot of fun too x3
Do you have any old cameras? Would you even bother with film in this day and age? ;p



Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :3
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Youtube

3 comments:

  1. I wanted an instax mini 8 for awhile but the cost convinced me out of it in the end. $1 per pic was a bit much. There was a cute little camera mueseum in a shop Window in town but the place got flooded out and they never reopened. I Wonder about what happened to those cameras every time we drive past

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shots are exy I'll admit, there definately is something about watching them develop though!

      Delete
    2. Sad about the flooding :c I hope they managed to save them!

      Delete