Saturday 15 August 2015

Saturday Scavenges ~Week 2

Saturday Scavenges
Back again, this week hasn't been too busy on the scavenging front, but I've got a few pages to show you, so lets jump straight in :]

Something you can see through / Collect more items. Add items.
Something you can see through
I thought this one was going to be a little more difficult than it was, although everything I managed to find turned out to be practically white for some reason. I have a thing for plastic cards that have see through bits in them, so when I saw KFC had started doing loyalty cards I was pretty pleased to find it had a see through bit in it. However I don't go to KFC all that often so I thought a better home for it may be in this book XD

A paperclip / Create a funny character
A paperclip
Another one found at work, I'm pretty sure this funny looking paperclip is from a christmas cracker last year. So how it's managed to last to August and just now make itself found I'm not sure! When I found it I knew I had to use it in the book x3
The alteration was to make a funny character, but I really wanted to draw a girl when I got that as a challenge, but she isn't really funny looking other than not really being in my art style, so I put in the description 'in personality she has a very good sense of humour!'.

A piece of a puzzle / Scribble with your eyes closed
A piece of a puzzle
This one I thought was really interesting. Dad found this mat and gave it to me out of a box of beermats. When I looked into it it turned out to be quite a Midlands mystery. This guy has been going round the Midlands for over 50 years hiding these draw-on beermats in pubs, charity shops and supermarkets, just for people to find them. In all that time, very few people have ever found out who the artist is, and when they do find out they refuse to reveal his identity. Now that's quite a puzzle!
The alteration was to scribble with my eyes closed, so I made it the background for this page :]

A coupon / Turn it into a sign
A coupon
I had considered trying to find a coupon in the newspaper for this item, but as I was mooching round my desk I found this one that I'd been saving for if I had decided to get anything else from the garden centre. But as my garden buying is generally done in spring, the coupon kind went to waste on my desk so here seemed a pretty good home for it.
I took 'turn it into a sign' literally just cause I wanted to draw it as a sign :x Easily pleased I guess!

Several different kinds of grass / Tear shapes out of paper to add
Several different kinds of grass
I think this is one of my favourite pages so far, just for the colour scheme! I was out exploring on a tiki-tour drive when I came across this field full of wheat which also had loads of different grasses growing along the side, so it seemed a pretty good opportunity to get this page done. The advantage of grasses gone to seed is they're so dry they don't even really need pressing before just sticking them in a book XD
For the alteration I had considered just shredding some yellow papers into random bits and making a sort of camo background, but then I really felt like tearing triangles for some reason, so that's how this came about XD
Well, that's it for this week, do you have a Pocket Scavenger? What sort of things are you finding?



Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :3
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Youtube

2 comments:

  1. I Love the girl drawing and the beer mat. I keep meaning to get back into mine but I'm waiting for the warmer weather when I can spend evenings away from the fire!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pocket scavenger certainly tries to drag me outside! It knows me so little... ;p And in summer you'll wish for fireside evenings again! XD

      Delete