Sunday 9 August 2015

Tiki Tour ~Around Ludlow

There's not much point doing a Sunday Catch-up this week as I hardly took any photos through the week. My mind has been thoroughly preoccupied with other things and I just haven't had much will to go out when I can just sit and doss on my PC, reading webcomics! The weather has picked up as the week has gone on, which has been nice, but I sadly have been a little too distracted to enjoy it.

Ludlow Castle
On Monday I had a day off though and Dad said there were some local breweries he wanted to check out, so away we went. First stop was at Craven Arms, then we got some snacks and sat outside Stokesay castle to eat, but I forgot to take a photo! Very unlike me. When we moved onto Ludlow we hit the brewery there and got some mats then went onto our usual parking spot and walked up into town.
Ludlow is one of those places I go where I just take the same photos over and over again, it sems to change so little and the things that catch my eye only have so many angles. This time I was determined not to get repetitive photos, so went going past the castle i climbed up one of the walls as high I was brave enough to and got this pic. To be fair, I don't think I have been in the castle itself since I was a kid, so I could probably pay to go in and get a different shot...but I'm a cheapskate like that.

Climbing Ludlow Castle
I passed Dad my camera down and took a couple of pics to show how high I climbed XD

Window Art
As we were going through the town, the Specsavers had this banner in the window, which I thought was pretty cool. Nowhere else in the town has any monuments or memorials like this, so I'm not really sure about the backstory on this one, just that it's a nice gesture.

Ludlow Viewpoint
Couldn't help myself in the end. Just before we went to go back home we went up to the Ludlow viewpoint, where you can look over the whole town. And you can't really take different photos from a viewpoint, but hopefully you'll enjoy the shot anyway XD The castle and church are in the foreground, and off in the distance are the Clee hills, which are an interesting visit too. We didn't have time this time, but I do need to go again x3
So, that was pretty much my most interesting day this week, have you got anywhere you like to visit locally? I need some inspiration to get out and about!



Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :3
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Youtube

2 comments:

  1. Ah castles! How I miss castles. Beautiful photos as always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next year you'll get to take pictures of castles to your hearts content x3 & thank you, Ludlow is a lovely place!

      Delete