Wednesday 5 August 2015

Project Wednesday ~A Detailed Look at This is Not a Book

Remember last week I said it wasn't over for the 'This is Not a Book' I completed a while back? Yep, I'm doing a detailed run through!

A Detailed Look

Title Pages
Title Page Publisher's Page
First couple of pages aren't too interesting, though I added some colour to catch the eye a bit :3 The second page also includes a name plate from a page later on in the book.

This is an Inconvenience
This is an Inconvinience
The first real prompt in the book, 'This is an Inconvenience'. I had to try this one twice before i completed it! The first time, as you can see, I only managed one day before it got left behind! How pathetic an attempt is that? XD I think the little envelope is there because I was going to draw a feature of my day for the week, but the next time I tried I didn't really worry about that and focussed more on just writing the dates as they passed. I remember I was working solid nights that week so it was pretty easy to take it to work and 'place it in full view' without too many questions. (My coworkers are mostly used to my weirdness now!)

This is a Recording Device
This is a Recording Device
Well, this is one dull page. I decided pretty early on that I wanted something on every page, whether it by writing, doodles, stickers, just something! This page set I went with just writing as the page background was so dark grey, and even worse, the writing isn't even very interesting either! It was completed on a very slow day where I just stayed at home and it turns out I move from room to room far more often than I realised!

This is a Secret Agent
This is a Secret Agent
Back to the bright colours, this page was a basically a challenge to decorate the front cover, then destroy the request. I put stickers all over the front cover to use up just a fraction of my massive sticker collection and decorated this page with a certain platypus and his backyard ;p

This is a Test of Endurance
This is a Test of Endurance
This page was a little more awkward to draw on cause it was so blue, so after doing the challenge (from what i've seen of other TiNaBs I'm about in the middle for length of endurance XD) during an episode of something, I printed off a bunch of vintage clocks to go around the page.

This is a Nature Emulator
This is a Nature Emulator
One of my favourite page sets, I was going to draw the general colourful island-type scene until I got this idea, around the time I was obsessed with Brand New, which is where the lyrics in the corner come from.

Make This Page as Large as Possible/as Small as Possible
Make This Page as Large as Possible
This is actually three pages in one shot XD 'Make this Page as Large as Possible' is on the left, 'Make this Page as Small as Possible' is in the middle and 'This is a Thought Garden' is on the right. For ages I wasn't sure quite how to go about the size making pages without sticking in extra paper and making the book really bulky, or cutting up the small page. For a while, the small page was folded into itself as small as I could get it, but I got sick of that and eventually caved and cut it into a page just big enough for the prompt. I don't really like it, but I think the big page makes up for it a bit x3 I have never tried to draw a galaxy before and as I don't really have any paints I wasn't sure how the felt tip version would come out, but I think it's okay! And what's bigger than the universe? ;p
On the right is the thought garden, 'plant seeds of ideas and they will grow'. To be fair, everything I wrote on this page did come to life XD I wrote my ideas as seedlings and left the decoration at that.
So, that's the beginning of my TiNaB, let me know if you enjoyed having a more detailed look x3



Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :3
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Youtube

3 comments:

  1. You always have such awesome pages! My drawing sucks so my books are always a bit dull. I usually give up on them due so many of prompts asking me to draw actually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, on some I really do try but I have to admit on others I'm just like, yeeeah....
      How about some sort of stick figure-esque style? I know entire popular webcomics built around that XD

      Delete
    2. Oh yeah, I might have to give it try. Just change my style. Instead of being crap at drawing well I could be really good and drawing badly XD

      Delete