Saturday 8 August 2015

Saturday Scavenges

Saturday Scavenges
I said a couple of weeks back that I'd officially started 'The Pocket Scavenger' by Keri Smith, but since then not said much more about it! Well, as I'm all done with the July photo challenge now, I thought I'd have a new weekly feature x3
I'm going to do this every week hopefully by just posting pictures of the pages where I've found a few of the things I've managed to collect while 'scavenging'. I'm not actively hunting for anything in particular a lot of the time so some weeks may be busier than others.

Something That was Discarded / Colour Outside the Lines
Something That was Discarded
This week is my first week doing the challenge on here, so I'll show you a few of the things I collected first x3 I've actually had this book quite some time, and just over a year I think, with it playing on my mind as I completed my 'This is Not a Book'. Every now and then I would pass something by that just struck a chord, I felt like it needed to go in the book! So this item was found at work, a book thrown in the bin, and not just any book but The Hobbit! Sacrilege! Though I have rather large book-wrecking guilt, I tried not to think about it too much when I took some of the images and footnotes for this book and the TiNaB :x
I actually haven't done the alteration on this page yet, even though I've already flicked through the pages for it :x

A Feather / Make it Inviting
A Feather
I have a terrible habit of picking up feathers whenever I'm out so this was not a hard find XD It is prettier than the usual pigeon feathers I find though. Dad reckons it is possibly a kestrel feather, so that's pretty cool x3
For the alteration, I found this cool washi tape at Paperchase that I thought would be perfect for bringing attention to the feather. I didn't want to do too much that would overpower it, so I kind of left it simple.

Something with Text on It / Add String
Something with Text on It
I found this massive playing card while mooching around an old office at work, and one of the beauties of the scavenge is that some of the items are a little vague so they can be used by multiple findings.
The alteration was to 'add string'. Not too difficult x3

Something You can only Find in your Local Environment / Add Circles
Something You can only Find in your Local Environment
I wasn't sure what I was going to have to try and find for this one, until I was sat at my desk one day eating some fresh cherries picking from one of the trees nearby x3 I bit one in half and left some cherry prints over the page! Sadly the pages on the Pocket Scavenger are pretty porous but I'll have to deal with that when I get to it :x
The alteration to 'Add Circles' was an easy one too- I just added a bunch of cherries to decorate the pages XD

A Wrapper / Consider it Complete
A Wrapper
Face bought me a Double Decker, and true to form I save practically everything I come into contact with...at least it was for a reason? And Double Deckers are pretty awesome!
The alteration wasn't really an alteration on this one! XD It's complete!

So that's this week scavengers, what do you think? I'm really enjoying myself, and quite enjoying the more toned down theme this book is getting after the mass of colour that my last two Keri Smith books inspired XD



Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :3
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Youtube

2 comments:

  1. Should I make you feel bad and tell you that I'm collecting Hobbit books and that I don't have that edition? I really like the cherry page, the prints themselves are almost circles. That washi tape is super cute too. I don't see many over here but I also try mnot to go into stationary stores cos I know I'd spend too much XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does make me feel a bit bad, sorry! x/ It was a WH Smith super new edition for the release of the first movie. Sadly the cherry page doesn't smell like cherries, the only thing that would make it better!
      I too am avoiding stationary shops now ;0; I'll have to live with the washi I have!

      Delete