Thursday 27 August 2015

The Big Hoot 2015

The Big Hoot

On Sunday I had a great time exploring Birmingham with a friend looking for owls! There is a city-wide art installation called The Big Hoot, which encourages people to go on an owl hunt, looking for 89 painted owl statues. Many of them are in the center of Birmingham, so that's where we started, as right as we got off the train the first one we found was in the train station!
Every time we found one I got a photo and my friend scanned the QR code on the base to register it into the app. It's basically just a big game to get a lot of exercise, see quite a lot of Birmingham and ultimately, raise money for the Birmingham Children's Hospital as once the end of September hits all the owls will be taken away to be auctioned in October to raise funds.
We ended up finding a total of 41 owls on Sunday in about 4 or 5 hours! I'll post the others another day, as this post started getting image heavy really fast.
Would you go hunting for owls? I think it's a lot of fun to have an art installation that has so much detail, though it may be the collector in me that enjoyed it most as I went from place to place to make sure I had every one I could get in the time I had xD



Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :3
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Youtube

2 comments:

  1. These so cool! Do they do this every year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the first year they've done this, though other towns have done somethnig similar, like a couple of years ago I remember hearing about one with wallace and gromit Gromits all decorated differently and placed around a town/city. I don't know why it's the big hoot 2015 though! Maybe they are planning another one!

      Delete