Saturday 22 August 2015

Saturday Scavenges ~Week 3

The Pocket Scavenger
Well, we all know how this works by now so shall we check out a few of this week's finds?

A Drawing (Not done by you) / Wild Card
A Drawing (Not done by you)
This one was another work find. While clearing up after an Xmas party last year I can across this doodle on one of the tables, and with the little dog too it was just too cute to pass up and so I put it in the pages of this book when I brought it back home, just waiting for when I was ready to start!
The alteration I flicked to was 'Wild Card', so I chose to colour in the lines of the little pictures x3

A Postcard / Add Polka Dots
A Postcard
My friend gave me this postcard on her return from a daytrip. She found it completely hilarious and was sure I would too...I'm not sure if she realises that the modern day use of the word 'crap' comes from this poor guys surname attached to such a business! Face told her she can't give us a postcard without it being written on, so she even wrote us a little message on the back XD
Adding polka dots was easy, although I went totally uncreative and literally just spotted rainbow colours around. The delight of this page now is the decoration now shows on the page spreads on either side x.X The Pocket Scavenger's paper just isn't made to stand up to felt tips in the way the WTJ's was!

A Fortune from a Fortune Cookie / Add one Never-ending Line
A Fortune from a Fortune Cookie
Feeling particularly miserable after a stressful morning (all mornings are stressful to me though tbf...) I found myself in Shrewsbury so I decided to pop into the Japanese market there to have a mooch. I was half planning on getting some japanese tableware but instead just ended up with some snacks, including this fortune cookie. It didn't last long :x The alteration was to add a never ending line, so that was pretty easy too and I threw a few little doodles into the line for effect XD Can't say I've ever had to try drawing a fortune cookie with one line before.

A Napkin / Invite a Bunch of Friends
A Napkin
This is a plain page, and I'm not very keen on it so I thought I would just get it out of the way. The napkin is (obviously) from pizza express and when I flicked through for the alteration I landed in 'invite a bunch of friends' which seemed pretty fitting as Face and I had gone out with a bunch of friends to the restaurant. I'm not sure that's really what it meant, but it worked out too well in my mind to pass up.

A Hair Sample / Add some kind of Explosion
A Hair Sample
This hair sample came from a fringe trim the other day. In fact, I'm not really big of sticking hair into books and stuff, but since I had it ready to go in the bin I thought a little could come in useful for this prompt. It also shows that once my hair was a pretty light blonde!
The alteration was to add some kind of explosion, and as soon as I read that I thought of fireworks as the lazy way I'd stuck the hair in XD I actually still have some spider-web ink from when I was a kid and I'm sure it'd be perfect for drawing fireworks, just I couldn't find it when I was doing this, of course!
Well, that's some of this week's scavenges XD Did anything stand out to you?



Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :3
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment