Sunday 23 August 2015

Sunday Catch-up ~Art Week

Well, it's been a good week, and I've got a few photos to put up for a change :]

Telford Steam Railway
I had a bunch of night shifts this week which was great for doing whatever I wanted in the daytime, with just a bit of extra sleep-in time XD So one evening, Dad & I went on a little drive around to enjoy the evening and stopped at the Telford Steam Railway for a while. There was even a gent who worked there just doing a couple of things to one of trains and he let us in for a closer look and told us a little info about the place, how cool was that? x3

Yellow Lilies
Another week, more pretty lilies x3 These yellowy ones are the only ones of their type in the garden.

Hiroshige’s Japan
Later on in the week I went with a friend to see 'Hiroshige’s Japan', an exhibit in the Wolverhampton Art Gallery. I'm not sure if I was allowed to take photos...but it didn't say I couldn't, so? Aha. It was worth the look anyway, although it wasn't a large collection. I learnt a bit about wood-block printing and got a lot of wanderlust. This was one of my favourite paintings, showing a man riding his horse into a small village in the snow.

Squishy car
I'm not sure if you can see what's going on here, but basically Face and I took a drive after winning a table on ebay xD When we collected it we hadn't measured the car or the table so it was kinda pot luck as to whether it would fit or not. As you can see, it did! Juuuust. I have a rather small Daihatsu and it still managed to get a full size table and 4 chairs in the back XD Now the challenge is to find somewhere in the house to put it until we move into our place.

Old Car
Today a friend and I met up in Wolves and went to check out a little car display at Bantock House. There were only like 6 old cars there, all of this type (I don't really know what you would call this kind of spoke-wheeled car) but we had a look and got some photos.

Birmingham Owl
Later we went onto Birmingham and spent hours mooching around the place looking for these owl sculptures that'd all been painted by different artists in varying themes. It was a lot of fun, I like collecting and I like mooching around, so this was my kind of day! We found just over 30 in the centre of Brum, which I'll tell you more about another time :] We then went on to have all-you-can-eat sushi for tea, where we rolled out from about an hour and a half later. OMG sushi is so filling x.X
I hope you had a good week too? Sadly I'm back on a normal shift pattern next week but hopefully I'll find more fun (& cheap things!) to do x3



Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :3
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Youtube

2 comments:

  1. Just the thought of sushi carosel is making me hungry! I'll have to buy some in town sometime soon.
    Lucky with the car! Did you find an out of the way place for the table?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, Wanganui sushi is so good too! I really used to love the stuff at the top of durie hill, man I'm making myself hungry!
      We've put the chairs upstairs in your old room and the table top up against the side of the garage, but Dad can still get his car in so its okay :]

      Delete