Friday 21 August 2015

We Bought a House!

Yes, you read that right, nearly 9 years together and Face and I have finally bought our own house!

Soon to be Our House

I've been saving up for quite a long time now and earlier this year we decided to start looking. When we found this place, it was too quirky to pass up. We're not exactly standard ourselves so it made sense to buy a house like no one else's XD
We put in an offer in around mid-July and it was accepted! Since then things have been slowly progressing, but it was only last week our mortgage was finally approved and a date set for the 'signing off', for mid-September! It is finally beginning to feel real, and I feel I can now announce that it is happening!
It still feels totally surreal, I've never lived away from a parent other than when Dad goes away on holiday for a few months. Maybe put it this way- I've never really paid my own bills other than my phone and car stuff! I'm not very mature for my age, I admit, but it's not that I don't think I can be and I am hoping I'm ready for all the responsibility of owning my own home and keeping on top of everything. I'm already thinking I'm not going to enjoy having to wash my own dishes whenever I eat!
So, shall I show you around a little?

This is my drawing room/snug/saloon/louuuuunge
First up is the sitting room, and don't worry, that carpet is going. OMG. The shame is that it's a really good quality one, but just look at that pattern. I think I'm going to have seizures. Maybe I'll try and cover it with rugs or something until we can sort it out!
Other than that, I'm excited for big bay/patio doors that open out into the garden and will cool the house in summer, and let in so much light x3
I'm hoping for a corner couch in here at some point but for now we've been given a leather 3 piece suite off Face's parents, so that will do until I drag enough money together for one I really like!

The Kitchen
Moving on, this is the kitchen, it is small but Face is super excited for it, he reckons it'll be really convenient to have everything practically within arms reach. I'm not so fussed, so long as some time soon I can swap out those tiles! The company I work for has a logo which definitely comes to mind when I see these, and everyone I work with has also picked up on it, ouch! Other than that though I think this is a warm room and I can imagine myself pottering about here x3

The Study
The house has 3 bedrooms, but one has been converted into a study. Face and I are planning to have one of the smaller rooms each, so I can have all my craft stuff and computer together in one room, and he can do whatever XD I'm not sure who's having which room yet! This one is the smallest room, but is actually a little bigger than the photo makes it look.

Bathroom
It's pretty obvious what this one is all about! It's not long been refurbed according to some of the documents we were sent from the solicitors and it certainly has something about it. I can't wait to get my blue-and-white nautical theme going on in here x3 I've already been scoping out which shops have the coolest stuff!
Well if you can't tell, I'm pretty excited! Remember back to the very first post I made when I said things were going to be happening for me this coming year? Well, you're gonna be hearing all about this for a while, I hope you're ready!



Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :3
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Youtube

4 comments:

  1. Beyond exciting! Claw foot tub and all. Of course for me the house is only half the prize so I absolutely insist on photos of the garden at your earliest convenience

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Face is obsessed with the bath for some reason, despite me never having seen him go for a bath in 9 years over two houses with baths XD
      The garden is small really, and there's only one, but a lot of it is taken up with sculpted trees, which look lovely (totally a garden we would've loved to explore as kids!) but don't leave much space for growing the veg i want to grow! I'm going to have to see what I'm going to do with it. Of course, I will take pics of my own when I get in to show you and mum, atm all my pics are from the estate agents!

      Delete
  2. Having a claw foot tub is just grand I suppose. You don't have to use it, just at it XD
    I can't tell much from the pic but it looks like decent size patio area, perhaps you could put large pots there for veggies. Not ideal perhaps but creates growing space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful house. Congratulations! I love the sitting room, especially that big patio door. That looks absolutely stunning! I bet it will be beautiful on those crisp autumn days when the sun is shining through and providing just enough extra heat to keep your home toasty. I'm sure you are going to do great things with it. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete