Thursday 20 August 2015

Time for a New Game

I've been playing on my DS quite a bit recently and just finally sat down with Pokémon X to beat the elite 4 in game. Now not quite sure what to do, having wandered around the world and not seen any obvious extra gameplay other than a couple of small things, I guess all that's left to do is level up my team and perhaps try and evolve some of my in-box guys to complete the pokédex more. Hmmm timesuck. I've literally got to this point in Pokémon Alpha Sapphire too so I guess I'm done with pokémon games for the forseeable future, until they finally release Pokémon Z.
I downloaded Pokémon Shuffle from the store as it was free, and it's a good game, but I'm not one for buying in-app things just to progress my game. So it's kinda a waiting game with that one (get it!). It's good fun while it's letting me have lives though XD
So I've been thinking about getting something new. Now that I have to pay for games (I had a really fun stint with an R4) I tend to try and pick carefully what I'm going for next as I don't really like spending out on games when I'm supposed to be saving. It's helps I've found that a Game card I've been carrying in my wallet for the last 3 or 4 years actually has £10 credit on too, so, time to go shopping!

Harvest Moon
First up is Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley. I really like playing HM games and was sure this one was going to be the next installment of more timesuck. Not so much though, having read some reviews. Apparently this game is kinda a mutant cousin to the series as it's actually made by a different developer than the usual games, it's just a legal thing that means they can still use the old name. It comes down to this game basically being a weird version of Minecraft! Maybe since I've not played Minecraft I'd quite enjoy it, but having read the reviews I'm not sure I want to drop £35 on it to find out.

Animal Crossing
This is one I really want! Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer! I'm really excited to use Amiibo figures, as I've seen them in the shops for other games but not really bought one of those games to try the system out. And although building and decorating a home isn't my favourite part of Animal Crossing: New Leaf I'm sure I'll be able to waste away a few hours of my life on this game. The major problem is that this one isn't released until October and I'm wanting to play a new game now! XD

Fantasy Life
Which brings me to Fantasy Life. Not my usual sort of pick at all, but on the heavy recommendations of my sister I've been thinking about looking into it. It's an RPG where you can be one of several characters, from what I understand and then you can progress into the game fighting monsters and generally doing what you want on the map. I'm not usually into battle games other than pokémon, so I'm not really sure what to expect. But if my sister likes it, then chances are pretty good I'm going to as well!
I'm hoping to go to Game later on to get this, so I'll let you know how I get on with it in a couple of weeks if I can find a copy to buy!
Are there any games you're really looking forward to buying? Or maybe something you think I should buy next? Let me know! x3



Keep up to date with my latest posts by following me! :3
Bloglovin - Twitter - Instagram - Pinterest - Youtube

8 comments:

  1. There are alot of recentlys and finallys in that first sentence XD
    Have considered Story of Seasons? Made by the HM creators but not branded. The reviews seem Ok

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh, I've changed it, thanks for letting me know x.X the problem with typing these things at 4.30 in the morning! Story of Seasons wasn't getting much good news on amazon, but I think I'm going to try and go back to that one I think I bought when you were over and neither of us were impressed with?

      Delete
  2. Which one was that? Did I buy it too? I Should really dig them out and give them all another go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you mean hm a new beginning?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to spam this post but I just realised I'm supposed to click 'notify me' on the comment thing so I'll see if this one sends me an email when you reply

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Testing testing, did you get an email? It annoys me that they don't come through automatically Xp And yes, looking at screenshots it was a new beginning. I'm sure you bought it too?

      Delete
    2. Yes I got an email! I know what to do now. I did get ANB as well. I didn't play it for very long though if I remember. I shall have to give it another go. Is that the one though where everything was done with stylus?

      Delete
    3. Yeah I remember barely playing it for any time at all really in the realm of HM! I can't remember why exactly I stopped playing, other than maybe I enjoyed tale of two towns a lot and it just didn't match up in my mind! I don't know what the controls were like, but remember that the crops were massive compared to the character :d

      Delete